Want to sell your luxury home? The Wall Street Journal’s Mansion section suggested the following for items for the best resale. (Friday, January 4, 2019)
- Light filled, bright, southern exposure with retractable glass doors and windows
- Ceilings at 10’ – vaulted or cathedral
- A butler’s pantry with extra dishwashers, extra wine fridge and ice maker
- Quartzite countertops (a natural stone that is harder than granite, available in lighter colors and resists stain better than marble)
- A guest house for an office, guests, parties or a studio
- Hardwood floors
- A neutral uncluttered interior
- Steam shower built for two
- A free-standing tub
- Dual toilets with one a high tech toilet like the Toto Neorest (dual flush with heated seat, multiple wash modes and an automatic air purifying system)
- Smart home systems for lighting control, music systems, thermostats and security including cameras
- Four garages with electric charging capability. Three garages are a must.
- Generators for emergency use
This was compiled by input from various realtors in various parts of the U.S.
Buying and then getting into unknown costs for remodeling is not an option most buyers are interested in. So you may want to consider some remodeling to increase the appeal of your home and its value. It is better to get professional input from a well-known and respected designer than to have a home languishing on the market.